Peggy's Pride Cannabis Infused Lemon Tart Recipe
Weed-infused Lemon Tart Recipe
When life gives you lemons, infuse them with Peggy's Pride by Msiku. Tangy, herbal and sweet notes waft up off this lemon tart matching the crisp coastal shores of Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia. Each major terpene in this bud was considered when creating this recipe: caryophyllene's spiciness counteracts the sour from the lemon, myrcene compliments the sweet tones from the icing sugar dusted on top and a healthy amount of fresh lemon matches the limonene in Peggy's Pride.
- 1/2 cup of cannabis-infused butter (see below), softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar
How to infuse cannabis in butter
- Preheat oven to 315°F
- Grind 2 g (~444 mg of THC) of Peggy's Pride and spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While the dry herb is decarboxylating in the oven, place 1 cup of butter in a large mason jar. Place the mason jar in a slow cooker and fill the slow cooker vessel with water until it is above the butter. Turn the slow cooker on low to melt the butter slightly.
- When the dry herb is decarboxylated mix it into the melted butter in the mason jar. Close the lid on the jar but leave it open enough to let gas escape.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, ensure it is on low and let simmer for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease an 8 x 8 inch oven-safe pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the infused butter with 1/4 cup of confectioner's sugar in a bowl until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of flour. Press dough into greased pan and pierce crust with a fork in several places to prevent it from puffing up during baking.
- Bake crust in preheated oven until slightly golden brown (about 10-15 minutes). Let cool.
- Whisk white sugar and eggs in a bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons of flour, the lemon juice, peel and salt. Whisk until throroughly combined then pour into baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the filling is set. Let cool and dust with 3 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar.